Lead software Engineer
Cabbige is looking for an excellent lead software engineer to take strategic and tactical responsibility for the full product cycle development of our web application.
A little bit about us… Cabbige is a business intelligence platform, uniquely designed for small diversified farmers, and committed to increasing their access to the mainstream food system. We use a proprietary pricing optimization algorithm to help small farmers identify the best price for their crops, and we measure performance by crop and channel to help them increase the profitability of their small farm business.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing improvements and new features to the existing Cabbige web app using Ruby-on-Rails.
- Have a functional understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Implementing development and testing best practices and ensuring consistency as the team grows.
- Product roadmap planning; serving as a technical expert to inform strategic product planning and decisions. Ability to work through problems from whiteboard to release.
- Participating in discussions with other team members and technical partners with a high-level of professionalism and communication skills.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years full-time software development experience, with at least 2 years in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience as a team lead or equivalent management experience strongly preferred.
Required skills include:
- Proficiency with Ruby-on-Rails, BootStrap, and Heroku
- Strong sense of humor and humility.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Comfortable with the mentorship cycle – both mentoring and being mentored.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, energetic teammates that are interested in the food system and small-scale farming, and have the technical and business skills to help us make a huge impact on how the world eats.
Interested in joining us? Send a resume and short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!